http://iamcause.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/avass.png?w=420

Vassline - Permanence (2007)

https://lastfm.freetls.fastly.net/i/u/300x300/5005e93870fc219325725578849226e5.png

01. Awakening
02. 24HRS
03. New World Awaits
04. Outcry
05. Memories Of One
06. For The War Within
07. Final Downfall
08. Heart Of Hope
09. Empty Prayers
10. Eternal Recurrence
11. Dawn Of The Apocalypse
12. Black Forest
13. Curtainfall
14. Mind Control Part II

https://musify.club/release/vassline-pe … 007-957859

Стиль: Metalcore/Screamo
Страна: South Korea

Информация о группе (English):
To begin, Vassline should be given a lot of commendations just for living in South Korea and working together in one form or another since 1997. In a country where two-years of military service is demanded from every young man (as is the case in many places), I'm amazed that these guys have the work ethic and means to write, play, and record a genre of music that mostly appeals only to white, middle-class kids in the U.S. and Western Europe. Not only that, they write good, solid, and diverse music that, while shaped in large part by U.S. bands, is still unique and worthwhile.
Blood of Immortality begins, fittingly, with a short piano / violin centered piece ala A Silver Mt. Zion or Murder By Death, and launches straight into "An Ode To My Friend." I thought at this point that the band had dropped its Poison The Well-inspired approach in favor of the (now) more popular tough-guy hardcore sound complete with dance parts and sing-alongs. And I was right - at least for this song - which rivals the intensity or Terror and the excitability of Comeback Kid. The following two tracks are slower, more akin to Euro metalcore, than Boston or L.A. hardcore, while "The Saddest End Of One Fine Morning" harkens me back to their previous full-length, maximizing on melody and harmony. The end result is a hauntingly beautiful track. "Fear Coming" again twists away from any preconceived notions about where this album is going, adding death and Scandinavian metal influences to the mix. The following four cuts follow the pattern or lack-thereof, bouncing from all-out brutality, to melody, to metal assault, and back again. The final tracks, "Blood Of Immortality" and "Last Cadence" are the most epic of the album, and make for a complete and sanguine end to this disc.
On other points, the production and recording for this album are solid, and really natural sounding. A natural background ambiance sort of comes out of each song, I think due in part to the music and the production. The artwork (notably the lyric sheet) is equally well done, reminiscent of PTW's Tear From The Red.
Bottom Line: Plain and simple, this band deserves recognition. Not just because they're from some faraway place, but because they have several solid releases under their belt. I don't think they'll ever have the means to do so (unless S. Korea sponsors cross-cultural art exchange like many European nations do, allowing many bands to tour there and abroad mostly free-of-charge), but I sincerely hope Vassline is able to tour the U.S. someday and make some waves here.

P.S. Пока оформляю, прослушиваю данный альбом. Был приятно удивлен, когда в 5 композиции услышал мелодичный напев. :)